I remember the last time this topic came up, and of course, just like an a-hole, everyone has an opinion, so many came on to give their versions of what they think.

I myself stood in the Wanenmacher Tulsa Arms Gun Show first part of April, and had this discussion, among others, with Lee Newton, (El numero uno) here on the fire.

I said I have noticed the shear number of Ruger No.1's that are getting shipped from Ruger like .25-06 AH's, lots of .375 H&H's, many rifles with Circassian stocks, Boddington wood, all sorts of oddities. To me, in my opinion, it seems like they are using up parts to make as many complete rifles to ship as possible. That tells me the end is near.

Lee, if I remember correctly, a guy who has followed these rifles since their inception, has spent time with the Ruger family, said that you just never know what Ruger will do, and he did not take these strange offerings from the factory as any sign of impending doom.

Lee is defintely more of an expect than I, but my money says the Ruger No.1 is a short timer.

Just my opinion.

Mitch

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.