1B: I appreciate your observations even though I do not agree with all of them.
Are YOU saying that retail gunstores shelves are full of UNSOLD Ruger #1's with laminated stocks?
NO... I contend those shelves are NOT full of said Rifles - I shop throughout the west and many of the shops I frequent I do so on a routine basis.
The Ruger #1's with laminated stocks simply SELL!
I am not saying they sell instantly but they DO sell!
I could not even GUESS why Ruger quit making the models with laminated stocks.
Can YOU explain why they quit making their most popular model of #1 the #1-B?
I have not been victimized by a swelling or shifting forend to date on any of the many #1's I have owned and do own.
I have been victimized on several occassions in the past with barrel bedding troubles on brands of Rifles made by Weatherby, Sako, Winchester, Kimber, Remington and Browning though.
I did buy and then somewhat quickly re-sell a Ruger #1-B in 7mm Remington Magnum that "kicked" viciously with my favored 160 grain Nosler Partition handloads - that #1-B needed a more effective recoil pad and I refused to consider a muzzlebrake so down the road it went.
The heaviest recoiling Ruger #1 I own these days is in caliber 6mm Remington.
So that observation of yours I think I agree with.
By the way I read your other post regarding the "non-cancellation" of Ruger #1's - I hope you are correct there as well.
But I reiterate that I have now heard from two different gunshop proprietors that they have been told by distributors that Ruger is using up old in stock parts for #1 "clean-up" sales, and the conjecture from there is that Ruger #1's are in danger of going out of production.
I hope those gunshop dudes are wrong as I do so enjoy the #1's.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy