Living in this grossly mismanaged anti gun state (Illinausea) is a never-ending source of irritation to me. As my signature line notes, I am a LIFETIME member of the NRA. I have been since Billy Boy Klinton signed that abortion of a crime bill in his first term. While we a certainly free to leave, one of us needs to be gainfully employed when we land after we leave. Thus far jobs have been fleeting. My wife is a tenured full professor at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, IL. I have almost completed my PhD. It's been a long time coming. She has been on many job interviews outside the state. As it stands for me, I'm a retired LEO working on a terminal degree. IF I manage to finish my degree I'll begin to cast about me, anywhere and everywhere to get out of this Pfukked up state. In the meantime, the NRA scares the sschitt out of anti-gun politicians who are not in "safe" districts. That's why barry hasn't had any new crime/gun bills cross his desk...and the House, for the moment, is held by ball-less republicans. At least they keep any laws that would further punish law-abiding gun owners off of that half-breed's desk.

For us the mid-term elections mean everything. Though I don't think it will be possible, I can dream that the Senate passes into Republican hands. Just force barry to veto bill after bill until the DIMocratic Presidential Candidate is done before he/she even starts.