Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by SBTCO
A work in progress? The same thing could have been said about both Bush's and Romney and McCain, and look where that has left us.

If Carson has plans to run for POTUS he should already have his ducks in a row and full understanding of the constitution and the bill of rights. He'll be swearing an oath to uphold both if he wins. That sorta means something.

I disagree. Your examples are lifetime politicians. Carson seems to have jumped in mostly after he retired last summer. I could not find that he has joined any political party except his �Logic party.�

Recently, SuperPAC RunBenRun has raised over $4 million to get him to change his mind...

Carson spent his life as one of the top neurosurgeons in the country with dozens of awards, including the Presidential Medal of Freedom and several books.
Carson was the first surgeon to successfully separate conjoined twins joined at the head.

I don�t doubt for a minute that his lifelong experience with firearms was dealing mostly with gunshot wounds to the head. Bound to be an influence.

I don't care if he's won the nobel peace prize and saved my child from a life threatening brain injury by gunshot or otherwise. If he hasn't wrapped his head around the 2nd ammend. by this point in his life or understands the reason for it's acknowledgment by the founders, he ain't gettin' my vote.

That's the crux of rights and principles. If you don't stick to em', they don't do you much good.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton