Originally Posted by luv2safari
Who has had it done, and what should I expect?

I had a ladder fail under me yesterday while on a roof damage claim and am typing with my one good finger. eek

Also, anyone have any base jumping tips??? grin
Back in '95 I had AC and rotator done. Look, I've been under the knife 11 times; had a hard life. 8 of those were knee surgeries.

I was surprised at how painful the shoulder surgery was; rehab was pretty rough. Not nearly as rough as when I had my knee replacement, but it was fairly painful.

I wasn't able to sleep on my right side for 6 months after the surgery, and then I had about 18 months of absolutely no pain whatsoever. After 18 months and on to today, I will occasionally get some soreness from sleeping on my right side. Other than that, I regained 100% range of motion, and full function of everything.

So how to work through the pain. I have a VERY high tolerance for pain, so during the day I generally just dealt with it. The day of the surgery was a piece of cake. The two following days were pretty rough and I dipped into the pain meds. But by the 3rd day, an 800mg Motrin did me just fine. So I saved my pain meds for rehab. Take one about 45 minutes before rehab and your rehab sessions will be much more effective. You'll hurt like hell the rest of the day after rehab, but not so bad you'll need to take the narcs.

Best of luck to you my bro-tha!

Hey, you have any dinner plans for tonight? Family is out of town and I'm without adult supervision. PM or TXT me and let me know sir.