Now, allow me to make some assumptions. I'm sure none of these are new and many are common knowledge but bear repeating.

1. Had these comparisons been done at 200 or even 300 FPS, the force required to go through the material would have been much smaller and the equipment needed to compare the force would have to be very elaborate but I think the same differences would have been noted.

2. A single piece broadhead (one in which the tip and blades are one piece and continuous and sharpened right to the tip) penetrates with the least effort or energy loss. 2 blades will generally pass thru an animal easier than a 3 or 4 blades

3. A cone, chisel, trocar, pyramid tip in front of the cutting blades requires more effort to penetrate than the tip style mentioned in #1.

4. Fine tipped or needle sharp tips risk the potential of curled, bent, broken tips which could result in loss of penetration and are more susceptible to damage than the tips mentioned in #3

5. Adding a secondary angle to the tip of a single piece continuous head (As mentioned in #2) will increase the tips strength and reduce the potential for tip curl without much reduction in the force required to penetrate. (See the Magnus, Simmons, Steelforce etc. heads)

6. Traditional bowhunters, and/or bowhunters using low draw weight set-ups van maximize their penetration ability by using heads mentioned in #2 and should avoid Expandable heads.

7. Modern compound bowhunters using high speed, high KE setups can blast through a deer with any head on the market and really need only concern themselves with the number of blades they choose, finding a head that flies well from their bow and Price.

8. Even if you are using a high speed, high KE setup but are going after large, thick skinned game, you would enjoy increased penetration by using the heads mentioned in #2

9. Regardless of tip design, once the tip makes it's way through the hide and the blades take over, all bets are off as long as those blades are razor sharp. Remember however that in order to get a complete pass through, you have to penetrate the hide on the far side. Should your tip become damaged while passing through the animal, the far side hide will become more difficult to go through. The hide on the far side is more difficult to penetrate because of the loss of energy of the arrow, the dulling of the head after passing through meat and bone and the fact that the far side hide is free to stretch (unsupported) away from the animals frame.

10. Heads just don't come from the factory as sharp as they once did. I recall back to the days of the early injector razor blade heads like the Satellite, Savora, Wasp, Rock Mountain heads and these were truly razor blades. Those heads and their weak, thin blades have been replaced with more durable heads with much thicker blades but the sharpness factor (out of the package) has also been replaced on a lot of brands.