Originally Posted by RobJordan
Here's my solution. If we're going to legalize drugs, then here's the deal: if you're using drugs, no welfare, no food stamps and no free medical care. Those benefits are reserved for people who are in a condition to be able to hold a job (if one is available---i.e., people who aren't dope fiends). If you can use drugs and be a productive member of society, have at it. In other words, let the natural consequences of drug abuse work their magic (nature, expelled with a pitchfork, always returns). Why should I pay to rescue someone from his bad decisions and habits?

I was hoping one of you professed lovers of liberty would propose this, but you seem more concerned about needing a boogeyman to attack than proposing constructive solutions. wink

Rob--- I agree with you 100%.

PS...Liberty lovers don't need a "boogeyman to attack" when there are plenty of Republicans, neo-cons, rinos and other assorted mouth breathers yelling about the sky falling with additional freedoms. smile

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~