Originally Posted by Redhill
Out of my prized Rem 22-250 VSSF Version 1 I am pushing a 50g NBT at 3800fps over my chrony with a generous helping of Varget with great accuracy. This is my go to load for everything.........

...............xcept when I get a wild hair. I've looked at the 220 Swift and a 22-250AI but then I just throw a bunch of RL-7 under a 35g Hornady NXT and it runs an average of 4329fps again over my chrony. Then I start to think about how much I love that barrel and go back to the first load.

Next time you get a wild hair, might as well shoot the 24gr Hornady.....it has a terrible low BC also but only just a little worse than the 35 and at 11gr lighter you could really get them cranking.

In my thrown-together junkyard dog Savage sporter truck gun, the working load is a good slug of RL15 and 50BT's @ 3925 with repeatable accuracy in the .3's and .4's. The fastest working load I've had in a std. 22-250. I looked at the 22-250AI in the late 80's and had to have one. Working load for that cartridge is a healthy dose of RL15 and 50BT's @ 4200 to 4247, depending on which gun. I'll choose the AI every time.