Originally Posted by Blacktailer
You have a hunting rifle that will put 3 shots with good handloads into less than an inch and you want to monkey with it???? What are you going to accomplish? Maybe it will put 3 shots into 1 hole. Will that gain you anything?
Any of my hunting rifles that will consistently give me the type of accuracy you already enjoy are considered reliable meat getters and done.

It's true, that it's 100% functional as a hunting rifle as-is. But if floating the mag box has the potential to give me gains in any way with little to no risk, why not?

The second reason I'm considering it is consistency / repeatability of it's current accuracy. If the mag box isn't floated and I break down the rifle will I get the same accuracy upon re-assembly? Or will the max box bind causing my sub-MOA groups to start giving flyers? It's much like the argument to bed a rifle that already shoots well. One may wish for consistent, repeatable performance.

But I appreciate your point of view. I knew there would be those that thought I was a numpty for even thinking about tinkering with it. wink

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear