I guess everyone needs a hobby..... smile

My rifles but one, including 2 Ruger OM, are all bedded the same. Full length receiver bedding plus 2 or so inches of bbl, magazine well (with clearance all around and is not a bearing between receiver and bottom stuff, which is also bedded. Front and back screw holes are column bedded with epoxy, or I think on the M98, I have a steel pillar in there. All are free-floated from 2 inches or so forward of the receiver - wherever the epoxy bedding ends. Except the Mauser, which wears a heavy barrel bedded out to fore-end. Most anything I'd hunt with in any of the rifles does 3 shot groups into 1.5 at 100, and most of that goes 1.25 or less. Not much goes very much under 1.0, but some does (I've a 250 grain handload for the RU77 .338WM that puts 3 into an inch +/- at 200).

I don't need no stinkin' torque wrench either. Front screw gets snugged down tight as I can by hand, then the back one. Most of these have index marks on the bottom metal just for luck. Middle screws just snugging up and that's it. I have no idea what the torque values are, and seldom have a problem with not coming back to the previous POI without adjustment after disassembly/reassembly.

If you tighten the front screw down as tight as it can go, then the rear one, and either goes from "coming snug" to "tight" in more than a half turn, your stuff isn't bedded flat enough in the stock, or it is warping around the mag box.. A quarter turn is better, and an eigth best of all.

The .260 Rem 725SA is my problem child - er - hobby.... Shoots most any 140 gr to 1.25 or less - mostly a bit less. It shoots everything else I've tried into 3-5 MOA.

Still, 140 grain isn't a bad bullet weight.... smile I'll play with hand loads (starting with untried 130 gr bullets) once I get back to where components and my reloading equipment is readily available. For some odd reason, airlines won't let one carry bulk powder/primers in luggage..... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.