Herrero certainly has an agenda. I don't put much value in what he says. He obviously values the bears life more than peoples life. Same kind of guy that is looking for what the person "did wrong" to be worthy of being mauled.

Most people also don't pay attention to the expiration date of the spray and they don't shake it regularly. Folks in Barrow tried it a couple of times on polar bears and had no faith in it what so ever.

Curious bears tend to make me more nervous as most bears aren't, especially black bears. The ones that are too curious will come back when the spray wears off. Young grizzlies can get curious but they do pretty good keeping their space, at least the ones I've run into. Most people have a hard time taking wind and such into consideration when things get tense.

I've very hard pressed to believe spray works at 100 yards. Maybe to bother your neighbors when you are experimenting. smile

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain