Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by colorado
I carry a 1911 45. I'm comfortable and accurate with it. I shoot 230g bonded Golden Sabres for both two legged and four legged issues.

I've killed a couple of Whitetails with the 230gr Golden Saber out of one of my 1911's, and several feral hogs, too. Great expansion, but not so great Penatration. Ive never had one exit a whitetaiI or a hog. I have no problem with using them on 2 legged critters, but for an Alaskan Brown Bear, or a Kodiak, that bullet would damn sure not be my first choice, unless it was the ONLY choice I had.

If my 1911 was all I had to pack in Alaska, I'd highly reccomend the Buffalo Bore 255 grain
Hard Cast Flat Nose round at 960 fps for Penatration. Ammo is cheap compared to an ER visit IF you survive a bear attack after using Golden Sabers. JMHO wink

I like your choice of ammo, and will try it at the range. My normal carry gun is a Springfield Pro, but for hunting and backcountry use I have a stainless V16 LongSlide that was built for 45 Super. Recoil should be mild in that gun even with the Buffalo Bore ammo.

[Linked Image]

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Ghost And The Darkness