Day 22. Mt Gilead OH to Medina OH, a 75 mile day.

First a fine breakfast in a diner in Mt Gilead....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Folks in that region were all excited about LeBron James coming back to Cleveland, it was all over the news and the papers, which being from San Antonio I found sort of amusing.

And a social detail noticed; quite a few, maybe most, of the old Methodist churches here had female clergy, and this one also flew rainbow flags.

[Linked Image]

This was the day of my Amish encounters, cant find the pic of the first one, driven by a neatly dressed teenage girl who was apparently transporting two younger siblings; a boy and a girl. I weren't crass enough to try and take their pics, and they smiled and waved. I did get a fine pic of the buggy going away, wherever it is.

Lodi OH, where they actually have a statue of who is prob'ly Tecumseh downtown....

[Linked Image]

Next to a modest 19th Century war dead memorial, also dedicated to a fallen police officer; one Captain Carl E. Summers RIP....

http://www.odmp.org/officer/12992-captain-carl-edward-summers

[Linked Image]

More....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744