Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I'm still believing that the 'Russian separatists' are nothing more than Russian troops in other clothes. They are Russian military led, trained and tasked.
Russia used these exact methods in the business with Georgia, and the Crimea.
That means, that Russians, not Ukrainians shot the plane down. Mistake? maybe/maybe not, but it was Russians doing the shooting, with Russian equipment.

Spot on.

The rumor is that the separatists recently captured the missile launcher from the Ukrainians but from all the info I've heard it's not a simple system to operate. Whether it's the captured missile system or not somebody knew how to use it and that can only be a Russian military "advisor".

The story that they intended to shoot down a military transport but oopsie they got a passenger jet instead is credible to me. It was unintended major screw up.

Putin has already begun to cover his azz by calling for a cease fire. I have no doubt that he strongly disapproves of a passenger jet being shot down. Whoever did it is probably on his way to a Siberian gulag and will never be heard from again.