Originally Posted by jorgeI
A. The Separatists have the hardware and are Russian supplied and trained.
B. Over the course of the last few weeks, said group has shot down an AN-26, SU-25 and a helo. The separatists have been boasting about this.
C. They have warned not to fly over their airspace
D. IMMEDIATELY after the shootdown, one of their leaders (former Russian Colonel) boasted about it on Twitter and FB then promptly took it down

The are FACTS, not assumptions.

I think even the most simple minded here can deduce the following

Russian trained, Russian equipped and Russian adviced..I don't think the Russians themselves had anything to do with punching the "FIRE" button. This looks like a case of a HUGE [bleep] by the separatists mistaking the airliner for an Ukrainian transport.

The blood is equally on the hands of Putin and the separatists. Pretty simple.

Jorge

It makes more sense for me that the Russians were using their air defense systems to shoot down Ukrainian plans and that they screwed up. I don't thing that the "rebels" could use a "captured" anti-air missile to shoot a plane down. It requires an integrated radar and missile system to function. The Russians have that all set up on the edge of Ukraine and I expect that they used it and they screwed up.

The Russians have been pretending that they have had nothing to do with the problems in Ukraine and we have been letting them get away with it. Now is the time to stop this absurdity. We should ban all airline flights into, out of, across Russia and Russian flagged airplanes world wide. That should hurt them quite a bit.

Conrad

Last edited by ConradCA; 07/18/14.

[Linked Image from ]