Phil,
When you get back to this thriving metropolis, you definitely need to stop by. I did make significant improvements on those two "custom" 375 Rugers. Think you will like the outcome. Also added a couple of more factory 20 inchers. I added a McMillan hunter stock to one 20" and I am Very fond of it, has been my moose rifle. My son got stationed at Wainwright and he latched onto the non-altered Alaskan for his 4-wheeler/hiking/bush rifle.
I will be adding a McMillan to this 416. And a likely a Meopta R2 1-6x24, 30mm straight tube; or a 1.1-4 of some flavor. The irons are pretty much barrel decorations for my eyes.
I hope, I do not become as fond of the 416 Rugers as I am of the 375 Rugers! If I do, I can see the 416 Rem and the 458 Win Mag finding new homes. Hell, I am already thinking of a 22" barreled 416 Ruger.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Will love to see how you get it set up when I make it back to the valley this winter.
I have been playing "Barbie dolls" with mine and dressing it in a slimmed down Hogue, old canoe paddle stock, my son's McMillan and the factory wood "African" stock. [/quote]