Originally Posted by MILES58
I love our local phugging moronstrying to equivocate a dog that attacks and kills with a dog that bites and then breaks it off.

The simple fact that a pit is much more likely to kill once the attack starts is all by itself reason enough to shoot them and their [bleep] stupid owners on sight. Anyone who can't get that between their ears needs their ass kicked by someone who just has no interest in quitting until they can comprehend the difference. This has nothing to do with a dog's propensity to bite, and everything to do with what comes after. Most dogs that bite do so without doing any real damage or intending to do any damage. A dog that goes into kill mode once an attack begins has no place loose under any circumstances. They quite obviously cannot discriminate family from intruder/enemy.

Everything I've read (with any documentation) about pits does not support that. My personal experience does not support that. So, I'm a moron.

My experience is that any large dog breed can be trained or bred to tenacity. If pitbulls are especially prone to that and they are eliminated entirely, other breeds will be put to the same service by those who would do so.

How does this not sound like the whole gun ban debate? Deadly device in untrained/irresponsible/criminal hands....it's all the same.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.