I don't watch much tv and to be honest wouldn't believe what I saw. Kicking the tires is a good way to put it. I have heard that living in Fairbanks is not as good as other areas etc. Maybe this is harder than I am thinking. I am thinking she would have a few places to look at and thus some choices or places to narrow our search. Like I said if it was the lower 48 we could just call a head hunter. I am on a pretty good path right now but AK is beautiful and I am just trying to figure out where most people live and why. I am sure I would be giving up the idea of retirement in my future but for the opportunity I am willing to make that sacrifice. It is a bit overwhelming to think about selling everything and making the jump. I want to make sure we are making the right choices. Not much going back if you wind up in the wrong place. I am used to remote living but that was when I was younger and didn't have a family. I am not asking for the keys to the city. I am just trying to wrap my brain around how people make it work and if I can set us up to be successful there by doing a little research great.