250 ASL here. Ran reg carb'd motors around 8-10 K They sucked. To the point that one got us down a trail but not up and almost burned it up trying to get up...I"d have it adjusted for dang sure. I'd never go without adjusted again and if we had kept it up instead of finding we love Alaska every fall even more, I'd have had two carbs.. and just swapped em out.

As to use, we used them to camp in a center spot, then take the ATV to the trailheads of wilderness, and hunt out for a few days at a time. Then back to the ATV, camp, resupply, and either go back, or head to different wilderness border area.

Just hearing the things aggravates me personally. But from experience with other animals, if you just get away from the trails and no SOB runs off in the woods with one, the animals don't much pay attention to the noise, long as its half a mile or more away generally.

I'm not sure how folks think they would hunt with them, like driving roads and such and getting game, but for getting to ends of trails, they work wonders. We'd driven in miles further than folks can with trucks and horse trailers etc....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....