The flat behind the recoil lug has 4 or 5 stampings I can make out a funkie V and blowing up the photo as well as I can on Gmail it has a flaming bomb or a very sorry 8 I cannot make the others out yet but I will take a little chalk and my fancy gunsmith visor, it has a round 8X dofloggie I can swing down ,I bet in the bright SW GA sun I will be able to read em. I will take detailed photos and post here when I get her home. I have new RX bifocal Coasta sunglasses ordered so I can see again, a favorite bulldog puppy chewed up my last ones and after I retired cropdusting I have been getting along with 2.75 wallyworld reading glasses. I have decided to take my first whitetail this season using this new to me NM and irons as it has been 10 years since I took a whitetail with irons and my model 94 thirty-thirty... I still take the 94 and sit on my favorite river bottom, big wood stand, 50 yards is a long shot on that stand, it is always the most fun as I see more bobcats,fox,coons ,turkeys and duck etc. down there. The only problem is I have to round up 2 or 3 young bulls to drag a deer out of there, then it usually cost me a case of beer and a good steak,these young guys can make beer and steaks disappear in a hurry! very best WinPoor