Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
SCGunNut,

You sure avoid the ordinary, don't you - no .223 Rem, .270 Win, 7mm Rem Mag, .30-30 WCF, .308 Win, or .30-06. The only one of the top 7 most popular cartridges you have a rifle for is a .243. That has to put you in some kind of elite rifle looney realm. I'm sure your reloading press stays busy.

Yeah, I'm not much for "bread & butter" cartridges. There actually is a .30-06 in my house that I didn't even list because it is strictly a donor that will be rebarreled. The .243 was my first rifle, given to me by my dear old Dad. My 2nd and 3rd were the .300 H&H & 6.5 Rem Mag, which started my love affair with the not so common cartridges. I've only gotten worse with the passage of time, although my most recent was the common .338 Win, but in a rather spiffy Ruger No.1. Once on a whim, I went into the sporting goods section of Walmart and asked for a box of 9.3x57 for an old Husqvarna and they sent me to the chain saw department! I'm kidding, but that would likely be the reaction. I have no problem with factory ammo if I can get it but I just dare you to find a box of factory 9x57R, so yes, I do have to handload for quite a few of them. Luckily, being in the gun business, I can usually come up with what I need.