Just got off the phone. My elder daughter drunk-dialed me from Milwaukee. She is "in charge" of her little sister (the bride-to-be) and 5 other young women who are doing the traditional get-sch!ttfaced-and-embarass-your-parents deal these young people do these days.

Elder daughter sent me half a dozen photos, and I'm stunned. This is an all-star cast of beautiful women! If there is a guy out on the town in downtown MKE tonight who sees these 7 babes and doesn't snap his neck turning to look at them, I'd guess he'd caught the gay!

It was sweet that they called me and yelled at me over the happy bar noise over the phone. I did the usual Dad thing, made sure they're not driving (they're not cabbing it, they're using this amazing new service called Lyft, which I was very recently introduced to), and I've put out some calls to my peeps in Milwaukee's Finest just to give them a heads-up, and everything should be good.

It's really sweet to be preparing to walk my little girl down the aisle in 3 weeks. And it's really sweet to have these 7 girls who love me and call me Papa, even though only 2 of them are my own spawn.

This business of getting older and moving on down the line ain't all bad. It ain't all bad at all.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars