It galls me that some gunsmiths are so arrogant that they won't admit that a customer's accuracy issue might be something THEY created.

I feel Casey's pain. He spent his money and has what I feel is an arrogant gunsmith.

Some of the gunsmiths I have had experiences with are not rifle looneys and don't even handload! Heck one guy is primarily a bow hunter! How can they be expected to understand when we complain of accuracy issues?

I sure liked hearing that Charlie Sisk figured out JB's issue so easily. He is my kind of gunsmith.

I don't think it would surprise many that I have encountered some very simple issues that should have been prevented by more care from the gunsmith. Bet other members could add to this horror list:

Poor crown:

I don't know of a single gunsmith around here that uses a borescope to verify the crown is good. Heck I had one crown that had a burr because the smith used a live center in the bore to support it for threading for a brake. I had to show him the burr with high magnification!

Bedding epoxy in blind holes:

Encountered this several times! One friend found this in a $7000 custom after tearing his hair out trying to make the gun shoot. He got pissed and tore the gun apart at the gunrange and inspected all pieces in bright sunlight. We called it the dreaded booger issue after that.

Action screw to bottom out in a blind hole:

Bedding the rifle lowered the action in the stock causing this issue.
------------
I have reached the point that IF a gunsmith does something for me I take the rifle apart and go through it before I shoot it.
I just cannot waste my time putting together a load if the rifle isn't sound.