No one has mentioned what long range target shooters on the line have said for many many years... 7mms are weird. Especially if driven faster like 7 Rem Mag.

No one less than David Tubb has said that 7 rem mag and up will drive you nuts with unexplained fliers.

My single example of a 7 mag round, has shown the exact same trait as yours. It shoots 2 and 1 groups pretty consistent. And large enough that its not a long range gun at all. I"ve gone through 3 bullets, 3 powders so far.

It is the last douglas barrel I'll use though. But it may well be that its not the barrel at all.

The bedding shows no signs of action movement as you torque or un torque. By mounted dial indicator at least. As far as I know thats been a good way to chekc on bedding issues.

Crown issues in the past do not show 2 and 1. They are just erratic groups period.

But one could easily relieve the bedding and rebed, though if running a dial indicator test on the gun shows it to be fine, then I"d say not bedding at all.

Seating depth is what I'd play with. It can make some big differences at times. But I wouldn't do small increments, take the best load and run it in and out substantially and see if you get any signs of worse or better. A simple minor move of say .010 ain't gonna show stuff, given the ogive variation of most bullets from one to another.

If I ever decide to put a new tube on my 7 mag, I'll go for a top line tube, nothing like a Pac Nor or such. Just move right on up to what I consider top line, Krieger, Rock etc... would be intersting to see, but I have other things going on instead of that at the moment.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....