I killed a lot of coyotes in Az while riding on horses on the outskirts of subdivisions.

It is amazing how some bullets just do not penetrate which is the key to killing a coyote. Also, poly tip bullets will blow up on a shoulder blade, hip joint, rib...you get the picture.

Lots of those poly tip bullets work really great on rodents, rabbits, etc but are not the best medicine for coyotes.

Answer for me was the 40g Winchester HP, cci 40g HP if your rifle likes them, and try the new 50g Federal if your rifle will shoot them.

In every marlin 25, Ruger 77, Mauser 210 that I owned, the 40g Winchester shot fantastic.

A guy has to remember that he must clean his 22 Mag every 250 rounds or so, more so with the cci 40g HP if he is wanting 1" groups at 100 yards.

I had some really bad experiences with poly tip bullets and the Winchester supreme on coyotes.

I sighted my Ruger 77 in for 75 yards and aimed a tad over their head at 150 yards, center height of their head at 125. My longest shot was 150 while facing me. Shot several at 125, lots at 100, 75 yards they are just dead when shot through the shoulders or just behind the shoulder.