Originally Posted by Swampman700
The 7mm-08 does suck but at least the Core-Lokt gives it a fightin' chance. Anything but a Nosler BT.
WTH are you talking about?

Stick a 140 BT at 2800 fps and believe me no deer will walk away.

What is it with you and core locts anyway?

Here is a 120 BT from a 7mm-08. This one struck a buck at 3000 fps and took out both shoulders

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

30-06 165 BT's

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

From another thread.....

Got out with a favorite rifle today, and tested a favorite load & bullet, the same combination I used to take a young whitetail buck a few months ago.

Used the 165 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip from my .308 Win, loaded in a Federal case, with 45 grains of Varget and a CCI 200 BR primer. Muzzle velocity was 2750 fps in 48 degree temps today. Accuracy of the load is terrific from the 24" Krieger on my Rem 700 Green Machine. The water jugs were 20 yards distant:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Expanded diameter is .67" and retained weight is 112 grains. The bullet was recovered from the 5th jug and looks like a real nice mushroom to me. No wonder this bullet does so well on deer sized game. It's hardly the "fragile" bullet some label the Ballistic Tip. The B-Tip exited the young whitetail buck last November with a 2" high, 4" long exit wound through the ribcage after penetrating the on-side shoulder and dropping him instantly. He had been standing, quartering towards me, at about 70 yards.

A favorite bullet of mine for both accuracy and effect on target.

Guy

What else you want?

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""