I have used quite a few different bullets in the 7mm-08 and my least favorite is the Core-Lokt. I use a 140 AB and raked deer from hind quarter to off side shoulder. I have used the BT hot loaded in a 7RM and shot deer at point blank and with hig hsholder shots and they still blew right through. I am not sure why some have had them blow up and not penetrate but I have never had a problem on deer from NY to NC. I did use a TBBC for Bear in a 7rm and tried it on WT and the bear drop in his tracks. It also did a nice job on whitetail but not a DRT scenario. Although I have shot deer through the heart that still ran 100 yards with a fist hole for a heart. I have shot yearlings with a 250 gr XTP in a 45 cal MZL at PBR and token out both shoulders and they still ran up hill 100 yards. Every deer is different but the only time I had a bullet issue on a deer was with an SST and it blew to shreds but I still found the deer. My son now uses them in a reduced load 120 gr and they exit nicely at 50 yards and at 2600 fps. The Core-Lokt worked as well but just not a nice exit like I wanted and tracking would have been a chore if the deer did not circle back and drop in front of me. I like Partitions, BT, AB, and a variety of others. Usually in my experience with long tracking jobs it is a poor shot placement issue and not a bullet failure. I had a guy send me a pic last year of a full frontal 338 RUM shot at 50 yards and the BT did it's job fine.
I will admit to limited experience with the Speer Hot Core and it dropped the deer but came all apart worse than a varmint bullet. Again shot placement drop the deer in his tracks but I have started to prefer an exit hole especially with the mentoring of youth and adults I do.
This may all be repeated info I did not read the full thread. I also have no experience with Barnes bullets so no good advice there. I have always been happy with Nosler. A friend sponsored by Berger wants me to try some of their stuff this coming season. We get 4 buck tags and unlimited does here so I may give them a go.