Somewhere I did a Post on HDR,with numerous subjects and 6-stop swings in extrapolation,as to how a tough scene could stretch a camera's meter and dynamic range. Though I guess the Whiners here,will cite that all cameras are the "same". They ain't. Hint.(grin)

JPEG of course and but a slice of the pie. Where this image sets in the exposure swing,I do not recall,but obviously the light was exceptionally harsh and shadows
etched in stone. In a single [bleep] exposure,that swing was beyond the DR of the system and both ends of the spectrum were clipped.

[Linked Image]

Lotsa different ways to look at HDR and some really like things over-cooked and strive to do same,which is of course a subjective determination. My stance is,that I like to replicate what's actually there and massage a sensor's inability to gather it all in a single poke. More of an artsy-fartsy Play Toy for me,rather than a mainstay crutch.

[Linked Image]

Good talk.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."