Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by Rovering

"Only in a police state is the job of a policeman easy." ~ Orson Welles

BTW, the exact quote that you have used repeatedly was uttered by Charleton Heston to Orson Welles in the movie A Touch of Evil, directed by Welles, but written by someone else entirely.

It was: "A policeman's job is only easy in a police state."

In context, it was said by good cop Heston in response to bad cop Welles, after learning Welles, who planted evidence to get an arrest, claimed the job was too tough already.

Heston's precursor to that was that the job is supposed to be tough if it is to be done proper.

It's more of a rally cry for cops not to take the easy way out.

I'm sure that most folks reading both lines notice the subtle differences in the message conveyed by the juxtaposition of the wording, and I suspect that the version you're using was changed in context by an agendized zealot.

However, it is possible that during one of Welles' many commentaries on his work, he may have rephrased the statement, quite possibly and probably accompanied with his opinion that the greatest weakness of America is rhetoric - of which you are overwhelmingly full of.

I have suspected Welles meant "bullshit" when he said "rhetoric", just to be polite. But either way, he's got you pegged.

Catchy pic to bolster my point:

[Linked Image]

or this:

[Linked Image]

Awwww. It's a puppy....
Congrats on one of the most non-sensical, circular posts ever. A bunch of nothing.

Coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment.

Keep in mind someone apparently found it quote worthy.