Originally Posted by efw
Wow. So when that guy previously cited in this thread got caught choking out a handcuffed, subservient suspect it was the fault of the camera because without it he could have done that and then denied it effectively?

Could it be that police were once revered and respected because they were, on the whole, worthy of such by their participation in rather than management of the communities they served?

As if yer sig line didn't say enough about your love of the soon to arrive police state, that right there is proof positive.

Yes, the issue is the camera.

Tell me what you think is different in the pre-camera versus post camera days? The narratives of events from both eras are the same. In years past the officers involved would have been cleared AND their collars would have received punishment. Now it is simply the officer getting cleared and the collar getting let off the hook and frequently getting a settlement from tax payers which is bad for officer esprit de corps. Here is an example:

http://www.wistv.com/story/23686918...-deputy-attempt-to-arrest-soldier-at-bar

20 years ago(sans video) no one at that bar would have had the gall to go against the wishes of the deputy. He would have been free to make the arrest and do with her as he saw fit. Now that(unfortunately) isn't the case. The responding officers even tried to help him at first by keeping her in cuffs knowing that without some proof the deputies word would hold up in an investigation while everyone else in the bar could easily be discredited. But then comes the slimey civilian wanting to tear the deputy down and shows the cell phone video and the other officers wisely cut their losses and get the deputy and themselves out of there before the modern, video emboldened drunken rabble becomes a cop hating riot focused on harming them.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn