Originally Posted by Canazes9
Originally Posted by sambo3006
He said he followed the group and bumped them 3 more times. I would think that if the buck was hit he would have showed some kind of reaction at some point. Antelope aren't known to be tough critters.

He also said he could never get within 400yards and they wouldn't give him a shot. Lots of critters that aren't known to be "tough critters" can get by with minor to moderate wounds under those conditions w/o showing a sign.

I wasn't calling RC out - he's never been shy and I figure he's got an answer that'll make sense. I wasn't there, I don't have a lot of long range experience and I was hoping he would share.

David

The answer is that I watched the shot through the scope. I watched the animal's reaction and have a tad of experience shooting. No Bag Sound.

The animals actually stayed there a bit and continued grazing, slowly moving over the hill. As I said, I kept on them trying to get a shot at the buck I saw from the truck. He was worth pursuing. Every time I got in range, the grass was a problem for prone, they would spot me and move or he would be in a group of goats obscured from a shot. He was fine.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.