http://www.apple.com/watch/gallery/

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I haven't worn a watch in years. Between my phone and my vehicle, there's always something around me that tells time. So, that's not the reason. And I wear a uniform daily, so it's not about style

But I'm seriously considering one of these... and here's why:

I can't get my phone out of my pockets if I'm wearing normal jeans with a duty belt. And the new iPhones are too big to fit in a shirt pocket. So that leaves me with either 1) going to more cargo pant style designs (which are not looked upon favorably by the higher ups, though technically allowed by policy) whose pockets I'm able to reach below or around my holster or mag pouches, 2) use pancake leather type holsters and pouches, which suck for weapon retention and speed in comparison... Or consider this little doohickey.

Had never really considered something like this before, but I like the idea of being able to answer texts and phone calls, read emails or get directions with something small on my wrist and not have to dig out my phone from my pockets. Supposed to work when the phone is within 15 feet, so it could be stored in the truck and I'd still get notifications when near the vehicle. And for what it's worth, I did just order the enormous iPhone 6plus, mostly because of additional battery life and I think this little gadget would go well with it. And for work, I already have a 5s, which is supposed to work with the Apple Watch.

So, what do you think? Just for nerds? Has some useful function? Totally superfluous if you have to have a phone anyway? Kinda nice looking for a nerd tool?

Last edited by exbiologist; 09/18/14.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter