Originally Posted by pira114
Originally Posted by rattler

will warn yah though it aint the book to read shortly before traveling overseas.....took all the fun of even seeing the flying foxes in the Adelaide zoo, let alone just traveling through airports in Asia crazy show up in Australia,land of deadly critters and im scared chitless of an inch long ant and a phuggin bat

It's things like these that make me sometimes thankful I can't afford to travel further than Nevada.

believe me that aint gonna help, given the author chats about a couple US native diseases in the book smirk plus there is the whole air travel thing and as MILES pointed out, you cant quarantine off somewhere the size of West Africa from the rest of the world......hell one other he talks about in the book just popped up recently and it didnt show up in some third world backwater, it showed up and was discovered in suburban Australia and no one had ever seen it before in an area that had been settled for over a century....brand new disease related to rabies

Last edited by rattler; 09/21/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books