Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Really?? Look at any map recording the history of Ebola outbreaks of any demographic significance. There are clear north and south borders suggested, paralleling specific latitudinal lines, centering in the middle tropics of the African continent, and this over many decades. I'd classify that as constituting at least some basis for concluding that its nature it that of a tropical disease.

You probably would classify it that way because you just haven't got the intellectual wherewithal to understand these are both diseases of humans, and that all humans are susceptible and they are not confined anywhere on the planet. You cannot have it both ways, either the disease presents a danger here or it does not. That is a simple construct. My dog can even get that. There are no indigenous green monkey host populations outside Africa yet HIV managed to continue transmission for one human to the next and does so to this day.

The obvious difference being a long track record with Ebola of outbreaks of significance being contained within the tropics of Africa.

First, Forty years is hardly a long track record for human disease. Second, Ebola hasn't gotten out because it kills an astonishing number of it's victims and does so astonishingly fast, not allowing much time for infection to spread from person to person. We can control it and prevent spread with a very high degree of certainty with simple barriers and chemical control.

The mere fact that a disease originates in the tropics, of course, doesn't by itself imply the absence of potential for expansion (in terms of significant outbreaks) beyond present latitudinal limits, but when there's a consistent track record of being so contained over many decades, that's at least meaningful information for the purpose of making predictions about its near future.

That it does imply the absence of potential for expansion is precisely the point of you falsely claiming that it has historically been confined to equatorial Africa and that represents "consistent track record over many decades".

You just don't get that this is a human to human transmission chain and that it incapacitates so quickly that people have a limited ability to infect others before they either survive and are no longer infectious (like Brantley and Writebol) or they die and are no longer infectious after few days.

You just don't get that you don't begin to understand what comes out of your mouth. How the hell do you think you can comprehend something that requires some thinking?

The first step in gaining knowledge is admitting you don't know something and then seeking out the knowledge to mitigate that ignorance. In your case, I doubt that the knowledge is going to help, I know what I have provided you is right, but over and over again you demonstrate singular inability to do anything with it or anything anyone else provides.