Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I sure do not understand the stance against capitalism on a conservative message board!

I hear folks bitching about local farm equipment auctions where the auction house bids on the equipment. Then the auction house puts the equipment on their own sales lot or sells it again later at a different auction.

What's the big deal. If the house thinks they can make more money buying the gun, tractor, etc, good for them. This is America, still, in some ways.

And if the previous owner thinks it is in his best interest to bid on an auction item, so be it. He is the one paying the auctioneer. One sees that happen all the time at livestock auctions.

Personally, I try to hold a pretty good poker face when I bid at an auction. I know what the item or critter is worth to me, and I know how high I will bid it up. If someone tries to bid against me just to raise my price.......they better be ready to buy the item, because I will definitely drop it on them.

It is easy to read the exited smile vs the frown on the other bidder's face when I fail to make the next bid.

The house has a 20% advantage over their customers.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.