Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Bugger,

I know this particular twist program works because I have tested it a lot against actual shooting, in barrels where I'd carefully measured the twist. Like Steelhead, I ain't guessing.

The program says that at 3300 feet the 1-12 twist of the .244 should stabilize a 100-grain Sierra GameKing--though not by much. How's that for verifying your shooting?

That sounds like something I could believe. I mostly shoot Sierras at targets anymore. But that Sierra bullet is long enough to indicate the 244 can shoot bullets designed for deer.

I have only shot M60, M37, M14 and M16's at sealevel or close to sea level. So I have no experience with testing different twists etc at sealevel.

I don't suppose that you would provide the name of the program. I'm not against using a good program, but what I've seen not so much.

What length of bullet does your program say the 6mm with a 14" twist at say 3400 ft per sec. If you're saying the longest bullet is a 58 grain Hornady, then I concede.

The 243 WSSM should be abel to push a 80 grain bullet to 3600 fps, I suppose. I don't think that there's any appropriate bullet for deer shorter than most 80 grain bullets.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally