Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Steelhead
What?

Yeah...

I don't think Bugger was implying that you were an ole Fart or something, using a kids gun to shoot deer... blush

DF

Not meaning to imply anything about someone else. We all have had experiences that lead us to some kind of opinion. A person's opinion is nothing to making fun of. They came by it through experience, hopefully.
Personally, I just don't use the smallest lightest caliber that will kill or I'd be using a 22LR, perhaps a 22 Hornet.
I have used a 300 Win Mag on deer, but only once. I was expecting possibililties of very long shots. It turns out I shot both deer on that trip at under 100 yards and a 30-30 would have been totally sufficient. The 300 evidently over-killed, I guess. My preference for Western deer hunting is a 280 with 154 grain bullets or a 30-06 with 180 grain bullets. But there's nothing wrong with many other calibers/cartridges. I could be as happy with my 7x57, but the stock is too pretty to be dragging through brush. I have used 6 mm on antelopes and am confident it would also work on deer -- I would be using a well crafted bullet in 6mm designed for penetration and expansion. In my experience 75 grain HP's not be one I'd likely use.

Besides I'm an old fart. Calling someone else an old fart would not be an insult.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally