Originally Posted by xzqvvh
Roger Hi, thanks for the comments on my Dubiel 8x68S. I saw your rifle several times at the Ft Worth store but I did not handle it. I would bet that the stock is glass. They changed the bottom metal and mag box to the 1917 Enfield type. I am starting some work now on a new 375 on an old Model 30 action that I have. The only Model 30's that I know of to still use the cock on close feature, were the early one's with the rear sight dovetailed in the upper rear bridge. Ron Peterson Guns in Albuquerque, NM had several of them back in the mid to late 1990's. The Ft Worth store has a nice 1917 Enfield in 300 H&H that I looked at, that is now down to about 1200.00. Your Model 30 will make a nice gun. Randy

Hi Randy,

IIRC your Dubiel was owned by a past NRA president that had a fondness for mdl 30's...if that's correct. I can't wait to have mine in hand. It sure looks like glass. Another gent mentioned that he had handled the rifle,so I'm waiting for him to return my PM.

I have read that many thought that these Rems were finished better than the model 70's...not to start a war,but I find that interesting.Thanks Randy