We have about 75,000 acres under center pivot irrigation in my county...I can't tell you how many deer I've shot feeding on crops while the system is running. They are accustomed to pivots from the day they are born...no big deal. It's just "rain" to them.

Tell you something else: Pivot systems make absolutely fantastic deer stands! If a pivot is swung around to a side of a field I want to hunt, I won't hesitate to climb up on it and hang my legs over a support and start glassing. They, naturally, are so used to the pivot, they don't give it another thought and graze freely around it without a care in the world. Case in point: my last buck I had mounted was a main frame 8 that scored 147 6/8". I had climbed on to the end gun tower on the pivot and watched 45 or so deer move out on me in the early evening, feeding on cotton (yes, cotton). I had does milliing around me all evening, 10-20 feet away, unaware I was perched above them. I even had a 125 class 8 pointer walk under my "tower" at one point. The one I shot came out to check on the ladies and I got him at less than 75 yards...had no idea I was there, in plain view.

Killed plenty of does on the ground, hiding behind the tires, with a bow or muzzleloader....

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.