Ryan_Otto: Thank you so much for using your expertise to post the photos I took.
Pardon my slow reply and thanks to you as I have been out scouting for Antelope in a new unit for me!
This is just ONE ranch of several I know of that are now "housing" Elk where pre-Wolf they were unheard of!
Especially in August, September, October and November of each year!
The herd of Elk on this one ranch is so large I can not get all the Elk in one picture and have any definition for the observer!
Someone mentioned that "Elk" have been frequenting lowland ranches for some time.
Well over the weekend I ran across the owner of the huge ranch adjacent to this ranch - in fact he was born on that ranch 68 years ago and has been there ever since.
I asked him without prompting or prejudice of ANY kind, if Elk had frequented his and adjacent ranches in numbers and in months like they are doing now?
His reply was "NEVER"!
I followed up again without prompting or prejudice as to why they are now frequenting places they have never done so before?
His reply was "WOLVES"!
As you can probably surmise this native is a person of few words.
I agree with his contention 1000%!
I have only been Hunting in this area since 1969 and have only lived here for 17 years now but this new life style of the Elk can not be refuted - it started when the Wolves became over-populated in this area (2,006 - 2,007)!
Thanks again Ryan_Otto I very much appreciate your help/efforts.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy