Originally Posted by Ulvejaeger
I can't take it any longer!!! Anyone who has watched SWMT knows that this "migration" stuff started before the wolf reintro! I won't go so far as to say wolves didn't aggravate it some. BWalker pegged it, if you have LOTSA $$$$ you are more than welcome to come & shoot an elk here. In my professional life I have necropsied several head of cattle killed by wolves farther away from cover than this elk herd. Remember we are dealing with an animal that does 30+ miles a night traveling. 3-4 to cover is a pretty minor jaunt. Just out of curiosity why haven't I been called to necropsy dead livestock by any of the proximal neighbors?
When I moved into the valley I now live in(1972)there were NO whitetails in it. Not so anymore. Anyone can come up w/their favorite reason. I certainly have mine. But that phenomenon started in the late '70's. Hmmmmm....
I would rather embrace change than waste the energy to fight it. Who knows, we might learn something.
Cheers

Laffin'.....I was waiting for that. For anyone wondering, this guy knows more about wolves than all of the members of this site combined, including me.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]