I find it hard to believe all the posters having 50 yard max. 50 yards is a chip shot, the shooting part.

But teh animals can hear and move. I've seen it WAY to often.

My personal limit here on whitetails that I KNOW move at the release often, is 15 yards. Thats right. Take it or leave it. I've had bad things happen past 15 that are not a result of the quality of teh shot, but are a result of the speed of the animal.

We even had a guy that hit a deer on the OTHER side of where he was aiming, shooting a fast, at the time, bow, short AL overdraw arrows etc... so he wasn't shooting 200 fps... This at under 15 steps.

I have NO clue on elk, but if they would hold still and wait for the arrow, I could extend.

And even to 100 the shots are not that hard if you shoot a lot. Just like a 600 yard rifle shot is not hard at all for me, because we put 10-20K rounds a year down range at distances....

Bottom line is what is the animal going to do or be capable of doing.

I have killed from 3 steps out to something the otehr side of 40, but that shot was a muley that wasn't supposed to move.... but he damn sure did. Last "long" shot I've taken on game animal with a bow.

Its close or nothing at all. You have to accept that when you go with a bow. Well at least I do.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....