E,
No sense in saying one would do anything different than what you think works.

Do it your way, but once again I'll take my clues from those who are burning big calories and give credence to how they make it thru the day. Why? Because they prove over and over that it works.

When you are sucking air for extended periods you are burning calories big time and best replace them right now. Under such circumstances you are even burning higer than normal cals when at rest. Pass the high cal plate to me and I'll worry about burning off the fat when I get home.

Read it and weep.

The University of Michigan Medical School says that, after about 30 minutes, you switch to burning fat stores for energy. A long moderate aerobic session lightens your fat load and brings you a few steps closer to those skinny jeans. But if the exercise is high-intensity or you are not consuming enough calories, your body will convert protein from muscle fiber into energy. Instead of burning fat, you devour muscle tissue. Which fuel your body burns first -- muscle or fat -- depends on the way you structure your weight loss or fitness plan.

These boys climbing the mountains for long days on end are on a high intensity fitness plan, and need the calories and lots of them right now. Perhaps you and I who tend not to push all that hard for extended periods will obviously get by on less. However, your one mind set fits all circumstance really does get old. Plus most are just flat out wrong.

You were recently told your thoughts on scopes were lost in the mist of the 90s.
Sorry Dude, but most of your exercise/food principles are back there also. You owe it to these young Bucks to do better.

For myself, hand me the calories, creatine, amino acids, nitrous oxide, fat and protein when the going gets hard.

Last edited by battue; 10/03/14.

laissez les bons temps rouler