I always prefer M70's also, but the supergrade is just too danged heavy. I can tell you from my own experience that buying a rifle that heavy because I was glamoured by the eye candy appeal would result in it becoming a safe queen and not getting hunted. I'd think it wouldn't bother me in the store, but after a few hunts I'd get un-enamored with it. I'd either go for the featherweight or find a NIB featherweight deluxe that they made for a few years. In addition to the weight I wouldn't want the 24" barrels (270 & 300 WSM) or the 26" barrel on the 7mm rem mag. The featherweight versions would come 2" shorter.

I also question why you'd want to put talley lightweights on a supergrade. I like talley's and use several sets of them, but they're pretty much the world's ugliest scope mounts and completely out of place on a fancy rifle like a supergrade. Using them to save a couple ozs. on a 9.5 lb rifle is pointless, it's like taking the bumper off your 1 ton diesel pickup to save fuel. I'd pick something nicer looking like leupold dual dovetails for a rifle like that.