OK. I've been a little busy to check in. I see that full scale panic has set in amongst the fear mongers.

First, Ebola is not airborne, and with a very high degree of probability it will never develop that capability and if it by some miracle does, it almost certainly will simultaneously become less lethal and less infectious. If you doubt this find one (single) other example of a virus becoming airborne and more lethal. The example doesn't exist.

Ebola IS highly infectious, make no mistake about that, and it's killing about half of those infected give or take some on any given day. The tissues it attacks do not lend them selves to producing airborne virus particles. The excreta does not lend itself to producing airborne particles within the viable lifetime of the virus particles. Probability greatly favors greatly reduced production of viral particles in tissues that enhance the airborne capability of the virus.

If you do get exposed, or have reason to suspect exposure...

Check into a motel. Have five gallons of bleach, disposable clothing, a five gallon bucket, a clothes storage size plastic bin, a thermometer, and a sheet of poly delivered outside the door. Quarantine yourself. Disinfect every thing you brought through the door with a 10% bleach solution and that includes every inch of your skin. If you make it two weeks without a fever you're almost certainly safe, and so is your family.

This is not going to get out of control here. The breakdowns of Dallas have been noted and duly committed to adjusted practice. What happened in Dallas was cavalier treatment by physicians who did not appreciate the opponent. A lot of them are [bleep] bricks now, and rightly so.

This would be an appropriate time to offer up a prayer or two for DocRocket. He's less than 1/4 of the way through what I consider one of the most important public health books ever written and at the same time one of the most brutal books ever written. He's in too far to back out, and he's got most of the mountain ahead yet. When he gets done, there's a lot of cogitating to do and then a reread and gathering of cites and references. He's on a manly mission and it'll take him a lot of time. He needs support. Warned he was before he began, but he's a man of courage and he took the job on.