Originally Posted by Godogs57
I have run into a definite bias against the round literally every place I've hunted out west. Seems everyone out there has a "lost too many elk (or mule deer, pronghorn, etc)" story regarding the 7mag. Might just be a statistical thing...since there are so many out west, then that would leave one to believe that if an animal was wounded and possibly got away, then statistically, more might be from that round. I don't know...but the bias against that round is very real in the circles I travel out there.

I've seen the same thing. Before I left Alaska there was a gun shop that I went in occasionally. One of the last times I noticed he had several 7mm RM's in his rack. I said to him, "what's with all the 7 mags?" He said, "I took them in on trade." I told him, " Those don't sell up here." He said, "I wish you'd told me that 6 months ago, I've noticed the same thing."

The 7mm Mag does what it does because it's got a 24" barrel. My Winchester mod 70 Classic 30-06 has a 24" barrel and will pretty much do the same thing without all the recoil. If I want more than a 30-06 will do I go to my 338 WM.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain