Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Originally Posted by Sheister
Okay, can someone explain to me how a forensic investigator can determine someone had a heart attack before he was eaten by a bear when they aren't even sure exactly when all this happened? Doesn't sound like there was enough left to identify him much less autopsy him by the statement above.

Bob

If I may, they are just trying to make the family feel better on their father (or whatever) being eaten by a black bear. If they couldn't determine it was a heart attack, he would somehow get the blame anyway. "He surprised the bear" "He interrupted the bear" "He got between the bear and his cub or her" They are never going to say, geez I guess we should allow more hunting so bears are afraid of people. I have NEVER heard F&G say something like that. The person that was mauled/eaten/abused (whatever) is always at fault in their eyes. I'm tired of it.

To wax serious for a moment, I think you're reading this 5 X 5.

A GOOD coroner, under the right climatic conditions, can "Read" the ground under a body, (or where a body WAS,) and pretty much define time of death with bugs, molds, etc.

If the fellow's that "Gone",....HTH do they know that somebody didn't plug, or stab him ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain