Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Originally Posted by GSSP
Pat

How did your HD-B'S do at 11,000' when it came to baro pressure? My Leica 1600B ' s would not give me baro several years back when I was at 11,200'.

Alan

The "dope" was spot on....there was a couple inches of fresh snow, and the temp was 30*F. They worked well in the snow and bright sunshine too. Angle compensation was perfect as well..

The HD-B's are a completely different animal compared to the Geovids....much better laser, and better optics to my eyes anyway.

I have had both 8X and now have 10X HD-b and both seem to have a bit of a green cast to them. Do you notice this? The rangefinding does surpass that of the EL, however...

I haven't noticed that, but when going head to head with my Leica 10X42 Ultravids in fast fading light, the Ultravids hold a slight edge over the HD-B's.

FWIW, my Vector 21(7X42) blows both away for optical clarity in any light. The accuity, power, and precision of the laser diode in that device is unmatched. I picked up the HD-B's for the size, weight, and ballistics program....I still have, and always will have the 21's.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]