Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
My creedmoor rounds with a 140 vld shoot best at 2.89" coal. It's on a tac 30 aw so it's ok there but my rem actions mag boxes only allow out to 2.83". It was chambered with the standard creedmoor reamer which has .199" freebore which is a lot. You can get a creedmoor reamer with less freebore but people have them had pressure issues with factory ammo. The Lapua is a shorter case and allows you to seat things out a bit and still be under 2.83".

That's the irony of the creedmoor. They touted it as a great short action round and then had to give it so much freebore that you can't kiss with a vld and fit in a rem short action. I still think the creedmoor is a great round but the Lapua fits a short mag box better and leaves you more room to chase.

Bb

I've owned a couple Creedmoors and still have one. Although they both shot well jammed (130VLD), they also shot well with some jump --- lots of jump actually. If building again, I'd have no qualms using Kiff's reamer with less freebore. I don't shoot factory ammo anyway. The bullet is still is a nice place in the case when loaded to typical 700 mag confines.

Im not knocking the 6.5x47. I may do one in the future.

I have a Creedmoor that almost seems indifferent to jump (or much of anything else)....

But I understand the points that were made.

David