Originally Posted by muddy22
B257, I've got a couple of dumb question for you, What do the "gun club" hulls look like? At our club it looks like everybody shoots either Nobel Sport or Winchester. Also, are the ribbed (12 ga) W and Universal hulls exactly the same and further are they HS hulls? The appear to be identical to the HS shown in my Lyman #5 book except that they are ribbed. Muddy

muddy22-
Here is a photo of some Remington hulls, including the current hulls marked "Gun Club". (Note the two different colors of the metal heads.) Current Remington 12-ga 2-3/4" hulls like the STS Premier, Gun Clubs, gold-colored Nitro 27, Sport Load, Shur-Shot, etc., are all molded using a single piece of plastic and a metal head. They are usually termed "one-piece", sometimes "Unibody", sometimes "SP". Currently they all use the same reloading recipes.

(There are a couple of Remington 2-piece 12-ga 2-3/4" hulls with yellow or black basewads. These will use different reloading data.)
[Linked Image]
Winchester hulls of current manufacturing can be confusing. Those with the cup-shaped basewads, like the AAs and Universals, will use the same recipes. Some of those labeled Super-X" or Super-Speed may have cup-shaped basewads, and are reloaded similarly. These basewads are designed to allow use of the same reloading data as the older compression-formed one-piece Winchester hulls. Winchester also makes shells with straight tubular walls and flat basewads; I've not found recent reloading data for these hulls.

--Bob